- Files type: Hexadecimal Source
- Category: Data Files
- Extension: .HEX
What is a .HEX File
There are 2 different types of HEX files, binary and text-based. The text based HEX can be opened with any text editor like notepad whereas one needs hex editing programs to open their binary counterparts.
These files generally contain program settings along with their configuration information.
They can also be general data saved in the hexadecimal format which can be stored either as a text file or as a binary format.
It is not a runnable program and double clicking on this file will launch either the text or binary editor depending on the format of the HEX.
How to Open HEX Files
Open with Windows:
- Heaventools FlexHex;
- Hex Workshop Editor; hexadecimal development tools for Microsoft Windows
- Cygnus ;
- HHD Editor
Open with Linux: EditPad Pro
Problems opening? Hex Files won’t open
If you have problems, try to do the following actions:
- Update or reinstall one of the recommended programs.
- Ensure you have administrator privileges in your operating system user.
- Update your drivers in your computer or mobile device.
How to create a .HEX
You can use the specific software for creation Hex workshop editor. You can download and buy it from the official website.